“WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU?"
“Why should we hire you?"
It can be scary and sometimes intimidating when getting asks questions during an interview. With a little preparation, it doesn’t have to be. In this article, we will show some examples on how to answer the question “why should we hire you?”
What this question is really asking: Why are you right person for the job? Why are you interested in this position? Or what makes you the best candidate? Most candidate will summarize work experiences that are relevant but instead pinpoint unique qualities and achievements.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of company
- Do some research
- Keywords in job posting ex” leadership, motivated, fast pace
- Target company needs in your answer
2. Show your unique skills
- Identity assets that set you apart from other candidates
- Market your experiences
- Insight in trends
3. How you can benefit the company
- Contribute growth
- Use past experiences that result in similar achievements
- Show your accomplishments
4. Personal interests that align with the position
- Specific interests in position
- Showing you are motivated to grow with the company
- Motivations with in the industry as a whole
5. Display career growth
- Long term intentions and commitment
- Describe skills you would like to develop and advance
- Bonus to know company’s vison or goals